When I was growing up I remember thinking how unfair my parents were. It always seemed to me that I wasn’t allowed to do things or was always the one getting blamed for things. ALWAYS! You too eh?
My parents use to have some pretty lame excuses or reasons for why I had to do certain things or why I couldn’t do other things. On more than one occassion I muttered under my breath that I would be a better mom, a more understanding mom, a mom who wouldn’t have all these silly rules.
Then I became a mom myself and my perspective changed. Now with three young kids of my own I find myself saying things that I swore would never come out of my mouth. So for Oh Amanda‘s Top Ten Tuesday post I am sharing with you the Top 10 Things I Swore I Would Never Say as a Parent.
- Eating too much of one colour in food will cause your skin to turn a shade of that colour.
- I need to be on the computer longer becuase I’m working; you’re just playing a game. (and if anyone asks Twitter is a research tool).
- I can have a slice of cake twice as big as yours because I’m twice as big as you.
- It’s okay that your peas are mixed in with your potatoes. They’re all going to the same place anyway.
- The burnt part of the toast is the best part.
- I think I hear a bumble bee. Maybe we should walk home faster so we don’t get stung.
- Becuase I’m your mom and I said so.
- If you don’t like the rules in this house, you can make up your own when you’re bigger and have your own home.
- Older people need less sleep therefore we can stay up later.
- There’s not enough chocolate cake to share with everyone so I’ll finish it off.
Yes, not some of my proudest parenting moments I agree. But it’s amazing how much smarter and wiser my own parents appear now that I have kids. Have you said anything you swore you never would?