Not that I’m too obsessed about my distant trip to Disney World (it’s four months away) but my contribution to Oh Amanda’s Top 10 Tuesday list Is Disney focused, again.
Last week I listed 10 things I have yet to do at Disney but plan on doing this coming trip. But what I want to do might be, okay will be, very different from what is on my kids list I’m sure. So I thought I’d ask the kids and below is the Top 10 things on their Disney list (in no particular order).
- Tower of Terror. This is my 8-year-old’s favorite ride. If she could only ride one ride, Tower of Terror would be it. My daughter doesn’t just ride this ride; she’s the one sitting in the front with her arms high in the air (while I have a white knuckle grip on the seat).
- Indiana Stunt Show. My 5-year-old son loves adventure; he thinks he’s Indiana Jones reincarnated. It doesn’t matter how many times he watches this show, each time he stares wide-eyed in awe. I think he secretly hopes to be picked as one of the volunteer extras.
- Dinner with Cinderella. My 3-year-old is still very much into princesses so what could be better than having dinner with Cinderella herself.
- The Enchanted Tiki Room. I blame this on the family; we love tikis (did you see our display in our second bathroom). So it comes as no surprise that all 3 of my kids enjoy The Tiki Room.
- Winnie the Pooh Honey Pots. My 3-year-old loves this ride ‘It’s like riding in Winnie the Pooh’s nightmare‘. Okay, that doesn’t really sound fun but this is still one of her favourite rides.
- Test Track. My adventurous 5-year-old would wait in line for 2-hours (and he has) just to ride this. His favourite part of course is the final super speed ring at the end. Even when it’s raining and the rain drops sting your face as you whip by them isn’t enough to deter him from going on this ride.
- Toy Story Mania. The first time we went on this ride was on our visit to Disneyland in California so we’re all looking forward to riding this one in Disney World. My husband has already said he plans to run to the FastPass booth as soon as we walk into the gate in order to get on. The last trip to Disney World we went to pick-up FastPasses but the return time was 9:30 p.m. (based on grabbing passes at 10 a.m.). We have since bought the Wii game version but it will never replace going on the ride.
- Popcorn. Every time we enter one of Disney World‘s theme parks, usually Magic Kingdom, the first thing my 8-year-old asks for is popcorn, from one of those vendor carts. Yah, I know it’s not special popcorn (though sometimes you can get it in special boxes) but that doesn’t deter my daughter. Having popcorn when she enters the park is now a tradition for her.
- Haunted Mansion. I remember the first time we went on this ride, the kids were terrified, not knowing what to expect. But as soon as the ride ended they wanted to go back on again and again. The kids love to ride in a car by themselves and scare each other. The ride isn’t more fun than scary but they’re hooked. The ride moves quickly and sometimes you will find very little line which usually means we end up riding it 3 or 4 times in a row. Of course my favourite version of Haunted Mansion is the Nightmare Before Christmas treatment they do in Disneyland (I had a chance to see it for my birthday last year).
- Space Mountain. As soon as my 8-year-old was big enough to ride the roller coasters, Space Mountain was her first pick and what a pick. She loves riding in the very first car and screams her head of in complete excitement (remember, she rides the Tower of Terror hands free).
I’m sure there are more things my kids could add to their list but if limited to just 10 things, these would be them.
What are your favourite things to do at Disney World?