Happy Foto Friday
I’m participating again in Candid Carrie’s Friday Foto Finish Fiesta (jump over to her blog to see other participants). Our Canada Day didn’t end up like we planned, which brings me to today’s photo:
Food Fixes Everything: We usually visit my sister and her family at their farm. Well they don’t really live on a farm, but when you’re from the city any house that has corn fields surrounding it is called a farm in my book. So we were suppose to go up to the farm for some games and BBQ. Well I got hit with a bug and seemed to transfer it to my sister over the phone so we agreed it would be better to postpone our visit until the August long weekend.
Of course I had to play the Bad Mommy role and break the news to my kids. No matter how many times I hear ‘You’re so unfair‘ it hurts. So I wanted to do something so our Canada Day wouldn’t seem like a complete downer. My husband did some grocery shopping for me and picked-up a batch of strawberries. Now I love baking, but I’m not a great baker (more a great eater), so when I found this recipe for Strawberry Tarts it looked easy enough for even me.
Easy Strawberry Tart
– 9-inch frozen pie crust (I used 12 mini tarts)
– 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 cups whole strawberries, washed and hulled
1. Bake the piecrust/tart shells according to the package directions and set it aside to cool.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Spoon the filling into the cooled piecrust/tart shells, spreading it evenly in the shell. Arrange the strawberries, bottoms up, on top of the filling.
Chill for 1 hour before serving.
The results: happy children and maybe a not so terrible Canada Day (Because we all know food fixes everything)
Coutesty of Strawberry-Recipes.com